Velocity Construction, Inc. (dba of Westwood Management, Inc.) is seeking a Construction Laborer position to be based in Franklin, TN.
Velocity Construction is experiencing continued growth in the greater Nashville area and is continuing to build out its core team. Our team is passionate and works vertically and horizontally across the company to provide excellent customer service without skipping a beat. We strive to connect with all our customers and clients so that we can help give shape to future growth opportunities which start with our relationships.
Construction Laborers are a key part of the Velocity and Westwood team providing critical assistance to the base of our business, the homeowners. This position requires an experienced professional capable of juggling many priorities in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, have great communication skills, be high energy, and have a positive attitude.
The successful candidate must be able to manage all aspects of onsite projects. A fun, friendly and open-minded individual who embodies a strong team-first attitude will thrive in this position. Someone who is responsive and adapts quickly to change and can embrace challenges when they arise is desired. An individual who is eager to become a part of a fast-growing company and wants to champion the advancement of the team and is constantly pursuing the overarching goal for our clients, which is to maintain, and more importantly, increase property values.
About the Role:
- Oversee all properties within the assigned Property Portfolio.
- Review open work orders daily & prioritize orders for which they are to be complete.
- Effectively plan out completion dates for jobs and communicate with both homeowners and management.
- Filling out paperwork of completed jobs and keeping them organized to turn in at the end of each week.
- Coordinate and communicate with HOA vendors and oversee HOA projects to completion.
- Enforce and possibly draft community rules and regulations policies.
- Work with the board of directors and homeowners to resolve disputes.
- Contribute ideas for continued build-out and improvement of communication lines and day-to-day processes.
- Required High School Diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
- Required minimum of 2 years of construction/maintenance experience
- Required Valid, State-Issued Driver’s License
- Able to work full-time (40 hours/week)
- Capable of heavy lifting (up to 65lbs) and being on your feet for most of the day
- Superior communication and customer service skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key maintenance construction and repair work, including but not limited to, painting, sheetrock work, exterior wood repair, etc.
- Organized with the ability to keep track of work orders and complete them in a reasonable amount of time, manage receipts for proper work order billing, and properly communicate work order status with the superintendent
- Proven ability to adapt plans as needed based on results
- Ability to efficiently work in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Preferred 2+ years of experience
- Salary: $20.00 – $25.00+/hour, based on experience
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Gas allowance
- Additional benefits (including health insurance)
Interested in joining the team? Send over your resume and a brief description explaining why you think you would be great for the job! We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. Please provide all cover letters and resumes using the form below.
Velocity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.